About Dr. Bianca Rucker
Relationship and Sex Therapist (Sexologist) and Approved Supervisor
Bianca describes how she feels about her marriage counselling and sex therapy work:
“I am glad to be doing work that I am passionate about! I find that providing relationship and sex therapy to individuals and couples is very rewarding. Not only is it interesting work, but I feel honoured that people respect me sufficiently to open up to me about their most personal problems. It is very fulfilling to be able to participate in such significant changes in my clients’ lives.
In addition to providing sex and marriage therapy, I have lectured on a variety of sex-related topics (and on clinical hypnosis) to the general public and to professionals in Canada, the United States, and Europe. I am also actively involved in teaching and supervising health professionals interested in addressing sexual concerns of their clients.
I have appeared on numerous radio and television programs encouraging people to improve the quality of their intimate relationships.”
It is said the highest praise you can have for another professional is to refer your dearest friends to her. I have done just that with pleasure. We met when I was president of BCAMFT and together we served on the committee that lobbies the government for MFT status as a college. Bianca continues to put her mind and heart into the pursuit of this recognition from which we, as MFT’s and the public, will ultimately all benefit. She keeps us up to date in the area of sex therapy and is BC’s premier sex therapist.
- Ann Evans, AAMFT Clinical Fellow
Teaching and Lecturing:
Bianca has taught and lectured on the subjects of sex therapy and clinical hypnosis in North America and in Europe. Here are a few examples of lectures she has given to professionals over the past several years:
- “Clinical Hypnosis as an Adjunct to the Treatment of Sexual Pain Disorders” at the Society for Sex Therapy and Research Annual Conference (Boston, MA)
- “Female Orgasm Update” at the Comprehensive Review of Sexual Medicine (Vancouver, BC)
- “Premature Ejaculation & Anxiety about Sex” at the Canadian Conference on Men’s Health (Victoria, BC)
- “Low Desire and Desire Discrepancies” at the Vancouver Coastal Heath 2nd Annual Sex in Your City Workshop (Vancouver, BC)
- “A Mind-Body Approach To Sex Therapy” at the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis (B.C. Division) Annual Training Workshop (Vancouver, BC)
Bianca is a member of the following professional organizations:
- British Columbia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
(Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor)
- College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR)
- Satir Institute of the Pacific (Member of the Training Directorate )
- Canadian Sex Research Forum (Executive Board Member 1990-92)
- Sex Information and Education Council of Canada (SIECCAN)
- Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BC Division)
(Executive Board Member 1994-present)
Relevant Personal Credentials:
I am a positive, thoughtful person and I lead a well-balanced life. I am happily married — my husband and I have been together for 35 years. We have enjoyed raising three children who are now adults with children of their own.