Sex Therapy &
If you are unhappy with your sex life or feel disconnected from your partner, sex therapy or couples therapy can help. Dr. Rucker is the gold standard when it comes to dealing with sexual problems and relationship issues! She helps individuals and couples in the Lower Mainland as well as providing telephone sessions for people living in other parts of Canada.
Welcome (a 1 minute audio recording by Dr. Rucker)
50 Shades of Conflict: December 2, 2012, The Vancouver Sun asks
Dr. Bianca Rucker for her insights related to the "50 Shades of Grey" phenomenon.
“Dr. Rucker has helped countless people over many years with her excellent work.”
- Dr. Heather Fay, Integrative Medicine Physician, Vancouver, BC
“For years I have felt confident referring clients to Bianca – she is a superbly talented therapist and she is an Approved Supervisor for other counsellors and therapists!”
Lynn McDonald, MS(MFT), Counsellor, Vancouver, BC
“What an excellent resource she is for my patients! She is skilled with individuals and couples of all ages.”
- Dr. Peter Quelch, Family Doctor, Richmond, BC
If communication and sex in your relationship have been difficult or unsatisfying, you might feel like throwing in the towel. You may find that your relationship has lost its spark. The passion is gone. Sex isn’t what it used to be, if it happens at all.
Maybe you and your partner are constantly arguing or perhaps rarely speak to one another. Perhaps you go to bed making sure you don’t touch one another, or intentionally go to bed at different times, or maybe you don’t even sleep together anymore.
You may have been to couples therapy or sex therapy before and perhaps things got better in your relationship as a result. However, perhaps you still feel unhappy and very discouraged. You may still feel distant from your partner. The thought of your relationship ever improving may seem hopeless.
“We had been stuck in a rut for a long time before we started therapy with Bianca. She helped us figure things out and actually deal with what was getting in our way. We were finally able to connect!”
- Sue and Mike, 30-something
Younger or older, married, living together or dating… If you can relate to any of the following, seeing an experienced sex and marital therapist may be your answer:
- you or your partner are reeling in pain after an extramarital affair
- you can’t seem to communicate; you don’t feel listened to or heard
- the two of you seem miles apart when it comes to your sexual desires
- one or both of you has a sexual problem
- you seem to be caught between constant conflict and tense silence
- you don’t have any fun together or seem to live separate lives
- either one of you feels empty, distant, or stuck in a rut
As seasoned sex and relationship therapists, whether you are single or a couple, we can also help you overcome sexual problems.
Common male sexual problems that our sex and marital therapists help solve:
- erection difficulties
- premature ejaculation
- delayed ejaculation
- compulsive sexual behaviour or sexual addiction
(including Internet pornography, Internet sex or cybersex addiction)
“We marveled at how capable Dr. Rucker was in helping us sort out our sexual problems. She provided a wealth of suggestions for ways we could deal with my erection problem and helped us figure out how to proceed.”
- Jack, age 85, with erectile dysfunction
Common female sexual problems that we help solve:
- difficulties having an orgasm
- lack of sexual desire
- discomfort or pain during intercourse. e.g. vaginismus, dyspareunia, vulvodynia, and vestibulitis
- sexual inhibitions
“Finally I found someone I could really feel comfortable talking to about such private things as my sex life. I never believed such change was possible — I only wish that my husband and I had gone for such specialized counselling years ago. My inability to have intercourse and the pain I was having were ruining my life. Dr. Rucker helped me find the right gynecologist and a pelvic physiotherapist to help me. Now I can finally have normal sex.”
- Samantha, aged 23, with vulvar vestibululodynia
Sex therapy / couples therapy can help you transform your relationship into one that you have dreamed of having. Clients can come in together as a couple or can come individually.
We welcome not only heterosexuals, but also gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals and couples.
Regardless of the type of problems you are having, experienced couples / sex therapists can help you develop a more positive and fulfilling relationship.
Come to see us at the beginning of a new relationship, for premarital counselling, or in a long-standing relationship.
Here are some examples of how our sex and marital therapists can help you improve your relationship. We will show you how to:
- feel loved and genuinely understood in bed and beyond
- shift arguments into effective communication so that you feel heard and understood
- reassess your values, priorities and time for sex and intimacy
- discover how to be proactive in making your relationship better
- resolve conflict successfully — especially around tricky issues such as sex, money and children
- deepen your ability to give and receive affection freely
- recover from affairs; rebuild trust and feel secure with each other again
Our sex and marital therapists can also help you achieve your sexual goals:
- increase sexual arousal for yourself and your partner
- have more satisfying and loving sexual experiences
- get your sexual and emotional needs met
- discover what turns you on — find your lost libido and start having sex again
- develop your own brand of romance and loving expression
- gain more confidence sexually
- heal from past experiences of sexual abuse or trauma
- develop healthy sexual behaviours after trauma, incest or rape
- address conflicts over hot topics such as Internet pornography, Internet sex or Internet chatting, jealousy, and inappropriate flirting
- handle sexual rejection
- Men — deal with problems such as:
- trouble getting or maintaining an erection
- premature ejaculation
- having difficulty ejaculating inside your partner
- Women — deal with problems such as:
- trouble having an orgasm (or perhaps you want to have an orgasm during intercourse)
- pain during intercourse, pain with sexual touch, or not being able to have intercourse
We have therapists who specialize in helping people:
- with chronic medical conditions
- who have a disability (our office is wheelchair accessible for disabled clients)
- who are struggling with a sexual addiction or sexually compulsive behaviour
- who are hooked on pornography use
- who avoid intimacy
At Bianca Rucker and Associates we are marital and sex therapists (also known as sexologists) for individuals and couples of all ages.
As couples and sex therapists, we provide therapy to people of all ages — from young adult to senior and every age in between. Regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion or cultural background, we have been successfully providing sex and couples therapy for over 20 years. In fact, Dr. Rucker was one of the first sex therapists in private practice in Vancouver, BC. Clients come from all over the province of British Columbia to get her help.
We provide a variety of proven approaches for improving intimacy that will help you develop the relationship you desire. In addition to her counselling psychology degrees, Dr. Rucker is a registered nurse. This makes her an ideal therapist for couples having sexual problems, when the sexual difficulties are the result of a medical condition or due to the changes that come with growing older.
Dr. Rucker understands how the body works and how medications, such as antidepressants, can affect sexual functioning.
If you are experiencing any relationship or sexual problem, call Dr. Rucker. She will chat with you by phone to sort out the best course of action for you!
Even if you are single or your partner is not willing to join you in couples therapy or sex therapy, it’s worth coming in… we can help you make changes that can positively influence your relationship or increase your chances of starting a new relationship if you are single.
Call Bianca Rucker now at her office in Vancouver, BC to make a plan of action: (604) 731-4466